Sauter Harlé naval mine

 

 

 

 

Weight :

376 kg

Diameter :

 

Charge :

60 kg of Pyroxilin

Fuze :

1 kg of pressed Trotyl

Length of the anchor rope :

100 m

Remarks :

Electro-percussive naval mine, employed to lay minefield in defence of the Bulgarian coasts. On 20 March 1907 the Bulgarian Navy on suggestion of the head of Fleet, cpt. Paul Pichon, bought 260 of these mines, at the cost of 2000 leva each. Since they showed some defects, some of them were sent to France to be repaired, entering in service only in 1909. Part of the mines was of the spherical blockade type, while the others were of the cylindrical hybrid type.