Units raised by the Bulgarian Army in 1912-1913

 

 

         11th Infantry Division

Raised on 10 October 1912 and composed by :

–    1st and 2nd Infantry Brigade with two regiments each;

–    55th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions, raised using the 12th, 23rd and 30th complement battalions from 8th Divisional District and 11th complement battalion from 3rd Divisional District

–    56th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions, raised using the 3rd complement battalion from 6th Divisional District, 25th complement battalion from 1st Divisional District, 27th complement battalion from 2nd Divisional District and 29th complement battalion from 3rd Divisional District;

–    57th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions, raised using the 15th, 35th and 36th complement battalions from 6th Divisional District and 32nd complement battalion from 3rd Divisional District;

–    58th Infantry Regiment, with three battalions, raised using the  25th and 26th Opalchenie I battalions and a mixed battalion composed with the 1st and 6th Opalchenie I battalion;

–    the headquarters of the four regiments were respectively at Mustapha Pasha, Mehalich, Bosgan and Mustapha Pasha;

–    11th Artillery Regiment : 1st artillery division of 3rd with 3 – 87mm not QF artillery batteries and 1st artillery division of 1st with 2 – 87mm not QF artillery batteries;

–    11th Pioneer Company raised with the complement of 1st Pioneer Battalion.

 

         12th Infantry Division

Raised as 1st Reserve Division with Order on the Field Army N. 217/7 May 1913 and renamed 12th Infantry Division on 17 May 1913 – it was composed by :

–    59th Infantry Regiment (ex 1st Reserve Regiment), with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 1st/53rd battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 13th, 14th and 26th complement battalions from 7th Divisional District;

–    60th Infantry Regiment (ex 2nd Reserve Regiment), with 4 four battalions, raised using as cadre the 2nd/53rd battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 1st and 16th complement battalions from 1st Divisional District;

–    61st Infantry Regiment (ex 3rd Reserve Regiment), with 4 four battalions, raised using as cadre the 3rd/53rd battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 6th and 25th complement battalions from 1st Divisional District and 22th complement battalions from 7th Divisional District;

–    the headquarters of the two regiments were respectively at Gorna Banya, Boyana and Dragalevzi;

–    the machine guns company of the 53rd Infantry Regiment was added to 59th Infantry Regiment;

–    12th Artillery Regiment : 2nd/9th artillery division with 3 – 75mm QF artillery batteries and 3 – 75mm not QF batteries from 2nd Shumenski Fortress Battalion;

–    12th Pioneer Company raised using as cadre part of 9th Pioneer half-company.

 

         13th Infantry Division

Raised as 2nd Reserve Division with Order on the Field Army N. 217/7 May 1913 and renamed 12th Infantry Division on 17 May 1913 – it was composed by:

–    62nd Infantry Regiment (ex 4th Reserve Regiment), with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 1st/54th battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 10th and 12th complement battalions from 8th Divisional District;

–    63rd Infantry Regiment (ex 5th Reserve Regiment), with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 2nd/54th battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 23rd complement battalion from 8th  Divisional District and the 27th complement battalion from 2nd  Divisional District;

–    64th Infantry Regiment (ex 6th Reserve Regiment), with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 3rd/54th battalion taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops the 9th, 21st and 25th complement battalions from 2nd Divisional District;

–    the headquarters of the two regiments were respectively at Vrabnitza, Filipovtzi and Suhodol;

–    the machine guns company of the 54th Infantry Regiment was added to 62nd Infantry Regiment; a company with 3 Turkish machine guns was raised by 63rd Infantry Regiment and a company with 4 machine guns of unknown origin was raised by  64th Infantry Regiment;

–    13th Artillery Regiment : 1 – 75mm not QF batteries from Shumenski Fortress Battalion and 5 – 87mm not QF position batteries from Odrin;

–    13th Pioneer Company, raised using as cadre part of 9th Pioneer half-company.

 

         Serska Brigade

Raised with Order on the Field Army N. 145/1 March 1913 and composed by :

–    67th and 68th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions each, raised using as cadre respectively the 1st/42nd and the 1st/41st battalions taken from 3rd Brigade of 3rd Balkanska Division and as troops young men (20/26 years old) from Macedonian Governorate;

–    the headquarters of the two regiments were respectively at Seres and Kavala,

–    1st artillery division of 1st not QF artillery regiment with 3 – 87mm not QF artillery.

 

         Dramska Brigade

Raised with Order on the Field Army N. 200/27 April 1913 and composed by :

–    69th and 70th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions each, raised using as cadre respectively the 3rd/51st and the 2nd/52nd battalions taken from 3rd Brigade of 8th Tundzhavska Division and as troops young men from Macedonian Governorate.

 

         Odrinska Brigade

Raised with Order on the Field Army N. 217/7 Mayl 1913 and composed by :

–    71st and 72nd Infantry Regiment, with four battalions each, raised using as cadre respectively the 4th/53rd and the 4th/54th battalions taken from 3rd Brigade of 9th Plevenska Division and as troops young men (20/30 years old) from Thracian Governorate;

–    2nd artillery division of 10th artillery division with 3 – 87mm not QF artillery.

 

         Otdelna (Independent) Brigade

Raised with Order on the Field Army N. 217/7 May 1913 and composed by :

–    65th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 4th/2nd battalion taken from 1st Brigade of 5th Dunavska Division and as troops the 4th and 17th complement battalions from 9th Divisional District and the 35th complement battalions from 6th Divisional District;

–    66th Infantry Regiment, with four battalions, raised using as cadre the 4th/5th battalion taken from 1st Brigade of 5th Dunavska Division and as troops the 33rd and 34th complement battalions from 9th Divisional District and the 36th complement battalions from 6th Divisional District;

–    later the Infantry Regiments were reinforced with the 3rd and 15th complement battalions from 6th Divisional District;

–    the headquarters of the two regiments were respectively at Ferdinand and Borovzi

–    4th/4th Cavalry Squadron;

–    artillery division with 3 – 75mm not QF artillery batteries raised using men taken from 9pdr, 24pdr and 6inch mortars batteries of Vidinski fortress battalion.